Saturday, February 26, 2011

Old New Map

Hi kids. Once, many months ago, I had an idea that I quite often tended to have, and that was to rework one of my speedmapping reworks. This time I attempted to tackle Gyrotechnics.

While I admit that Gyrotechnics had its flaws, I nonetheless don't understand some of the comments it received. One /idgames reviewer, for instance, said of it, "I actually prefer the older version. The newer one is so overdone it's practically a joke wad." Sounds to me like someone has a phobia for detail... is it totally consistent and coherent? No. And if I were to rework it again, it certainly wouldn't look like it did before. In fact, it might look something more like this:

pic

But alas, it's up to preference. My bias is pretty undeniable, but from my attempt at an objective viewpoint, it's not at all a bad map. Or, at least, not even close to a joke wad.

goodbye~

No comments:

Post a Comment